This is a sponsored post by Visit Indy. More information about the city of Indianapolis can be found on their website here. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on HopSkip's evaluation of how equipped Indianapolis is to host a meeting and event in the current climate of COIVID-19.
As noted on Visit Indy’s website, any event with an estimated attendance of over 250 must submit a public health plan for approval by the Marion County Public Health Department at least seven days prior to the event.
In effort to keep Indy’s reopening stages safely progressing, the city has mandated that residents and visitors are required to wear masks in any indoor space or outdoor space. The masks can be removed while eating at a restaurant. The mask order excludes children under the age of 2, as well as anyone with a medical condition that prevents the use of a mask.
Indianapolis Quick Facts:
Ten Reasons You Can Confidently Book Indy Now
1) Task Force in Action: As soon as the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Visit Indy gathered 63 city leaders and hospitality employees across all sectors to work diligently towards a Hoosier Hospitality Promise to our visitors. This Task Force meets regularly to ensure every step is being taken towards a safe and healthy environment.
2) Hospital-Grade Filters: In March, the Indiana Convention Center installed hospital-grade filtration systems and have been running the system daily.
3) Zero Attrition: Indy was the first city to launch a zero-attrition program for meetings booked in the year for the year.
4) Drivability: Indy is within a day’s drive of more than half of the nation’s population, making it one of America’s most drivable cities. Research shows travelers will be more comfortable taking a road trip before boarding a plane.
5) Walkability: With 4,700 rooms connected to the Indiana Convention Center and 7,100 rooms in the downtown core, your attendees can safely walk to their meeting destination without having to employ shuttles.
6) Hoosier Hospitality Promise, as part of the Hoosier Hospitality Promise, every hospitality employee will be wearing a mask when servicing your convention find out more information about the promise on visitindiana.com).
8) Employee Training: A new 2020 Super Service training program committed to the Hoosier Hospitality Promise has been launched for hospitality employees across all sectors.
9) Data Driven Approach to Re-Opening: Indy has received national accolades for our state and city’s approach to re-opening our doors.
10) You Make an Impact: 83,000 men and women in Indy depend on tourism for a paycheck. When travel came to a screeching halt, our industry nationwide immediately felt the void of no visitors. Let’s rebuild the #1 Convention City in the U.S. (USA Today)
Meeting Hotels in Indianapolis
With so many hotel rooms connected to our convention center, your attendees can sleep a little later, and work a little smarter.
With an additional 1,400 new hotel rooms coming online connected to the convention center, our incredible portfolio of downtown hotels investing $70+ million in recent renovations, the innovative vision of the Marriott IndyPlace complex, and a new 50,000 square foot ballroom, Indy offers an unbeatable convention package.
- 34,000 rooms in the metro area
- 7,700 rooms downtown, with more than 3,000 in the pipeline
- 4,700 connected to the center at 12 hotels, with 800+ in development
- Incredible value with unmatched rates compared to other major cities
- 24 properties with 10,000+ sq. ft. of meeting space
24 Hotels with more than 10,000 sq. ft. of meeting space
The most connected convention package in the country just got even better
Indy will soon welcome an additional 1,400 rooms connected to the Indiana Convention Center with two new Hilton-affiliated branded properties. Indy already earned USA Today’s “#1 Convention City in the U.S.” honors for having the most hotels and hotel rooms connected into a convention center, and this expansion boosts that number to 14 hotels and 6,100 rooms connected. Alongside the other hotel developments in the downtown pipeline, this will bring the total number of rooms within walking distance of the convention center to more than 10,000.
1) JW Marriott Indianapolis
Sleeping Rooms: 1,005
Meeting Square Footage: 104,482
As the anchor of Marriott IndyPlace, a collection of five interconnected Marriott brand hotels offering 2,276 rooms, the stunning JW Marriott is a unique fixture of the Indianapolis skyline. The distinctive blue glass exterior grabs attention, but it’s what’s inside that sets this property apart. The JW Marriott offers modern elegance to complement one of the world’s largest Marriott ballrooms and 33 expansive floors. Condé Nast Traveler named the JW the No. 1 hotel in the Midwest, No. 5 hotel in the U.S., and No. 25 hotel in the world in their Readers' Choice Awards.
2) & 3) Hilton Hotels
Sleeping Rooms: 1,400+ (combined)
Meeting Square Footage: 235,000, with 50,000-sq.-ft. ballroom
The first Hilton-affiliated tower, a new meeting-centric Signia brand, will stand 42 stories tall, offering 814 rooms, a sleek addition to the city skyline, and expansive views of downtown from a top-level sky bar. The project is expected to open in 2024. The adjacent tower will be a 600-room property to complement nearby historic architecture with a modern design.
4) Indy Marriott
Sleeping Rooms: 650
Meeting Square Footage: 42,000
The Indy Marriott just underwent a major renovation to update sleeping rooms, meeting space, and onsite dining. Their Conner’s Kitchen + Bar is Indy’s newest hot spot with elevated comfort food, craft beers, and cocktails in a swanky setting. The Indy Marriott has also been recognized as a Certified Green Hotel by environmental non-profit Green Seal™, for their ongoing eco-friendly programs and conservation efforts.
5) The Westin Indianapolis
Sleeping Rooms: 575
Meeting Square Footage: 39,000
The incredible views of the Indiana State House are one of the many benefits for those staying at The Westin Indianapolis. An ideal location, spacious guest rooms, and the signature Heavenly Bed consistently deliver a memorable guest experience. Don’t forget to treat yourself to a great meal at Nourish.
6) Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Sleeping Rooms: 499
Meeting Square Footage: 35,000
Indy’s original convention hotel continues to set the bar. The Hyatt Regency’s modern design and open atrium provide a distinctive stay. Direct connections to both the convention center and Circle Centre mall put every convenience just steps away. For a special meal, take the elevator to the top to the rotating Eagle’s Nest restaurant and enjoy the best 360-degree views in the city.
7) Omni Severin Hotel
Sleeping Rooms: 424
Meeting Square Footage: 17,000
The perfect balance of classic charm and modern design makes the Omni Severin truly distinct. As the city’s longest-running luxury hotel, the Omni offers the grandeur of the early 1900s with the modern amenities and superior service of today.
8) Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Sleeping Rooms: 360
Meeting Square Footage: 24,200
The Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown is a newly-renovated, all-suite hotel provides the space you need to enjoy a comfortable stay in the heart of the city. You won’t want to miss the nightly happy hour or free, made-to-order breakfast.
9) Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station
Sleeping Rooms: 273
Meeting Square Footage: 52,107
The Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station is located in the nation’s first union station, this National Register of Historic Places-listed property’s full-service hotel offers the unique opportunity to spend the night in one of 26 authentic Pullman Traincar sleepers, resting on the original tracks.
10) Conrad Indianapolis
Sleeping Rooms: 247
Meeting Square Footage: 15,000
Experience elegance at Indy’s premier luxury property. The Conrad is home to The Collection Suites and Long-Sharp Gallery, both featuring world-class art ranging from Picasso to pop. The Evan Todd Spa & Salon is an urban oasis that will tend to your every need, while onsite dining at Tastings Wine Bar and The Capital Grille will tend to your culinary tastes.
11) 12) & 13) Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites
Sleeping Rooms: 621 (combined)
The Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites are all adjacent to one another while providing visitors three distinct options while staying connected to the amenities and meeting space in the JW Marriott. Their location directly across the street from White River State Park places guests in easy walking distance of the park’s seven major attractions and 250 acres of green space.
14) Le Meridien Indianapolis
Sleeping Rooms: 100
Meeting Square Footage: 2,668
Born from a renovation of the historic Canterbury Hotel, a landmark Indy property, the Le Meridien brings a chic design ethos that juxtaposes the property’s historic architecture. Signature coffee, bespoke cocktails, a signature barrel program, and a chef-driven menu at Spoke & Steele restaurant create a unique experience in the heart of the convention district.
To stay up to date on industry news and trends visit the HopSkip blog. If you are interested in learning more about how to be featured in a partner spotlight article please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org