COVID-19 inspired my mantra: Stay INFORMED, CONNECTED and ENCOURAGED! These pillars have guided my business focus:
1. Identified bridge-the-gap resources. It’s imperative I continue to invest in my business and professional development. I took advantage of COVID-related grants, discounts and waivers, scholarships, and the like that I was eligible for.
2. Upskilled for the long-haul. I got educated through COVID-19 certificate programs (Pandemic Compliance Advisor) and offerings on how-to create and manage virtual, digital, and hybrid meeting-events.
3. Stayed in touch with client-partners. Mailed cards to clients on the one-year anniversary of our last meeting-event to say hello and remind them of a humorous moment.
4. Welcomed other opportunities. Most planners have a broad skill-set. I’ve used mine to consult on marketing, small business management and professional coaching.
5. Lastly, I’ve allowed myself to breathe and remember this too shall pass