Requesting concessions during the hotel proposal process can be a planner's secret weapon. If you're bringing a substantial amount of business to a hotel, these concessions can be a serious cost avoidance tool by adding cost savings to your meeting's bottom line. They also act as a great way to deliver additional perks to your attendees.
Concessions can also be used as a negotiating tool and a mechanism for hotels to show whether (or not) they'll go above and beyond to win the group's business. Some of the most popular concessions we've seen requested so far in 2022 are:
- Complimentary guestrooms per room booked
- Waived resort fee
- Complimentary internet in guest rooms
- Complimentary or discounted internet in meeting space
- Discount on coffee
- Discount on Food and Beverage
- Complimentary or discounted breakfast for attendees
- Complimentary receiving/handling of shipments
- Complimentary roundtrip airport transfers
- + more
That said, planners should be strategic about when and how they request concessions. It is not wise to request a laundry list of concessions, and certain concessions are only appropriate to be requested for specific groups and events.
HopSkip has created this e-book to share the Top 21 Most Popular Concessions we're seeing requested by planners in 2022. Download for free here.
Happy hotel sourcing!